Saturday, August 22, 2009

Triva

While we were on vacation we stopped at a restaurant at Foote Site Village, called Desi's It had pictures of old movie and TV stars all over the walls, and I mean ALL over. One of the pictures was of Roy Rogers, Dale Evans and Roy's sidekick, but none of us could remember his name (I said Dale Evans but they said not the other guy) . We remembered that he drove Nelleybell, but not his name . Charlie said Pat Butram. That sounded close, but not just right. I didn't have a chance to look it up til this morning. You can find the answer at classic TV westerns. Before I tell you the answer, did you remember who it was?

Ok, Roy's side kick was Pat Brady.
Pat Butram was Gene Autry's sidekick and may years later was on Green Acres.

Of course this brought up other Side kicks and other shows we used to watch on Saturday morning. Does anybody remeber Jingles Jones (Andy Devine) I also found out that he also played "Cookie" in some Roy Rogers movies. How about Sky King, and of course the Lone Ranger, and Sgt Preston of the Yukon. What others do you remember? Let me know either in the comments section or on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.