Friday, August 21, 2009

Back from Vacation

We, Charlie and I, just returned today from 6 days at Tawas point State Park.
Spent time with my brother, sister and brother-in-law. Didn't get to spend time with the younger members of the family because they all had to work some of them couldn't come until last night or today and Shonda couldn't come at all and I had to get back for an appointment.

Having grown up and vacationed in Michigan, I have been to alot of places, but some how missed the Tawas area.Tawas is a nice park, right on Tawas point, so you have the bay on one side of the west side of the park and Lake Huron on the East. There a The campsites are pretty wide, but not very deep, and it was pretty crowded even though there were 10- 15 sites open each day.

The weather was good, it rained but not until evening, yesterday was absolutely beautiful.

Charlie and I went up the coast and stopped at to Iargo Springs, this is a picture of the steps going down to Iargo Springs this is a picture of the stairs going down to the Springs, and the sign.










These pictures are from the overlook at Iargo (by the way Iargo means land of many waters)











There were even more steps down to the river from the lumberman's monument that we visited yesterday.











I also got a some decent pictures of the lighthouse and the sunset. If I ever decide to start
painting again I may use them as models.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.