Friday, May 29, 2009

A New Blog Venture

Last week, I was talking to a few people that I work with, who are trying to loose weight. They mentioned that it would be nice if a bunch of us could all do it together.

So we started a support group for the library employees. The JDL Fat Dumping Club.
There are 18 people signed up, about 15 % of the employees.

We each put in 5 dollars, the person who looses the highest percentage of weight in 6 months wins the pot.

Each person selects their own diet program, and reports their weight each week.

Since we are in 14 different locations and spread all over Jackson County (700+ square miles), we are communicating and supporting each other through e-mais and a blog I created. Each member of the Club can write in the blog, or send e-mails, to give or receive support.

Today is the first day and we have people who want to loose 18 pounds to some who need to loose over 100. I personally have lost a total of 44 pounds (17.74 percent since December 2007) and 24 (10.53%) in 7 weeks. My goal is to lose 69 more pounds.

Check out the Fat dumping blog for updates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.