Sunday, April 26, 2009

Diet, daffodils

OK, so, last week I told you I found out I was diabetic, the Dr. said I HAVE to loose weight, if I do I should be able to control the sugar with diet. He suggested South Beach or Weight Watchers.
So I started SB on the 15th.

If you don't know about this diet: for the first two weeks you can eat nothing but protein and vegetables. I thought OK, I like salads, you just put some meat and cheese in it. So I ate 8 salads in 5 days. Sunday evening for dinner, I put a salad on the table and thought , I absolutely can not eat any more lettuce. :-) Of course I didn't have to, I ate other vegetables and a pork chop. One day I felt like I just had to have something sweet, I had some unsweetened jello, that did the trick.

I have been on medication and the diet for ten days. I feel better, I am sleeping better, for the last few days I have been able to get up early enough to ride my exercise bike before I get ready for work. I check my blood glucose level every morning and the numbers get a little lower everyday. I think I am going to have somebody take a picture of me so I can have some before and after photos because I am determined to loose this weight, by the Gilbert reunion in June I hope to be 25 pounds thinner.

We got a lot of rain yesterday. It knocked down a lot of the daffodils by the back door. I realized that I have three different kinds of daffodils. I can't remember the variet names.

These are a double variety
















These two colored ones,





















And these white ones














Oh yeah, We ran a stop sign, T-boned another car yesterday. Thankfully no one was hurt. The care is probably totaled.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your diet. Good thing you just put a new head gasket in the car. Glad know one was hurt. Ed

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Let me know what you think.