Saturday, July 21, 2007

Whitewater rafting and Hornets at home.

Charlie went whitewater rafting, in West Virgina, with the Springport FFA this week. They drove down on Wednesday and rafted on Thursday. and were planning on camping Thursday night and driving back on Friday.
They got caught in a down pour which wasn't so bad while they were on the river, since they were going to get wet anyway. Most of the kids had never been camping before and left all of their bags next to the wall of the tent, so by the time they got back to camp EVERYTHING was wet, so they decided to start back on Thursday night.
I guess all of the kids had a good time, and leave it to us, Charlie was one of the few to get hurt. He got dumped out of the raft and hit his elbow on some rocks, nothing serious but it looked really swollen.
He took a camera but couldn't get any pictures of the rapids because he had to have both hands on the paddles when they went through.

Here is a picture one of the girls took, of him jumping off a cliff.

While he was gone, it was my job to water the horses, while doing that on Wednesday evening I found a hornets nest in the lilac bush, the hard way. I got to close to the bush and must have bumped it with the hose, I only got stung once but boy were they mad. I managed to go out and take this picture this morning. I think it is kind of interesting if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Loving these pics! Especially Barry jamming and the old pictures of Troy. Nice!!! I wanna go white water rafting. Wait I just came back to reality. I dont wanna go anywhere where there is a good chance of falling out of the boat into rapids! Pictures are cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie says, "chicken s---."
    Maybe we should take a family trip to W. Virginia. The outfitter made a DVD of the trip, We'll show it to you sometime. JB

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Let me know what you think.