Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today is my youngest brother's birthday- if I tell you all how old he is it will make me feel really old, this is the only picture I can find right now. (I'll have to do a more extensive search later)

(This must be my week for embarrassing pictures.)

I am going to let all of you come up with a caption for this one- leave it in the comments section.

Happy Birthday Barry- Love you

P.S. This was just forwarded to me. I don't know who wrote it but I thought it might be appropriate for many of you who read this and if you are too young- you might want to be prepared. my comments are in brown italics

Many of us "Old Folks" (those over 50, WAY over 50, or hovering near 50) are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

One comment from a previous sender said fortunately they had only seen a couple of these- number 1 and 9 EEEOOOWWW Sorry about that visual. Or all of them for that matter.
  1. A nose ring and bifocals
  2. Spiked hair and bald spots
  3. A pierced tongue and dentures
  4. Miniskirts and support hose
  5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads or ankle casts
  6. Speedo's and cellulite (NO speedo's - ever I don't care how old you are)
  7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
  8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
  9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge (again this is not good no matter how old you are)
  10. Bikinis and liver spots
  11. Short shorts and varicose veins
  12. Inline skates and a walker (the cause of wearing the ankle cast?)
  13. Thongs and Depends

2 comments:

  1. No doubt...Barry, at 16, listening to his Cars, Boston, or Peter Frampton albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx alot Joyce! You couldn't find a better picture?YEAH RIGHT!
    and Troy what do you mean @16 Heck I still listen to them!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Let me know what you think.