Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ponderings



As you can tell it has been a while since I have posted.  I don't really know why,  just lazy I guess.  Or nothing exciting has happened. 

I have been trying  come up with a reason for this blog. 

When I started blogging about 6 years ago I thought that it would be a fun way to stay in touch with family and friends who are scattered across the country. I'm not sure that it worked out that way. I know that a couple of people commented, but it is hard
hen it became more of a personal diary.  I could look back and tell what I had done in the past few months or year.

Then Facebook came along, and I began to send family and friends mini sound bites about what is going on at that second

I don't think of myself as a "writer" but I have had people tell me that I "tell" some good stories.   I would like to be able to write and share with friends and family.

I am going to blame, the not being able to write part of that on my high school English composition teacher.

One of our assignments was to write a humorous story about a real incident. 
I wrote my story, and handed it in.   She told me it was not humorous.  I don't remember her ever telling me why, or any suggestions on how to fix it. 
I think that part of the problem may be that my writing is to stiff, my verbal storytelling may be more animated. I may start working on that. 

Again I will try to update this blog more often.  Please comment at the bottom of this page. Let me know if you have any suggestions for topics you would like to see. 
Check back and see what happens or use a  feed to subscribe so you will automatically know when I update.







2 comments:

  1. An unproductive comment can destroy a person's wish to improve a skill, but it is never to late to pursue writing.

    I've noticed that when I blog it is easier to have days with a set focus or goal. You could write something like the Tasty Tuesdays as we discussed the other day.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, here's an idea for this blog. I enjoy seeing your photos. You have an artistic ability with nature photos that most people don't have. So I say make it more of a photo blog. You can still use this to update things like Charlies escapades.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Let me know what you think.