Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving day.

I haven't been blogging much, because I have been using Facebook and I just realized that those of you who are not on Facebook do not get to hear the latest news. Facebook friends can see the blog, as notes on FB. I will try to blog more, but I recommend that you all join Facebook, it is fun and easy (find me as Joyce Choate Betz).

For those not on FB. I saw my Dr. on Monday. I have lost a total of 63 pounds, he has reduced my blood pressure medication, and I don't have to take the metformin anymore. I have to check my glucose randomly, and don't need to worry about it unless it gets up to and stays over 150.

My family all came here for Dinner today (a total of 12 adults and 2 toddlers). I got up at 6 AM, to put the turkey in the oven, I took it out of the freezer on Tuesday it was still a solid block of ice last night. We brought it in the house, but it in a bucket of water and I still had to run water on it to get the giblets out this morning.

Everyone has gone home. They all seemed to enjoy themselves and most said they ate too much, as evidenced by these pictures. Some took home left overs, That means I will have less temptation tomorrow. I did eat some of almost everything today. I checked my blood sugare at 5:45, about 1 1/2 hours after I had a piece of pie, ant it was 37. I little high, I knew it would be, I'll eat better tomorrow and it should go down.

I hope you all had a great day and if you are going out shopping tomorrow, be careful, you are braver than I am.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.