Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Winter Solstice

Happy Winter Solistice (I noticed some churches are having longest night programs. When did that start?)

Shonda and I went to the Wharton center to see Grease on the 11th. It was great, most of the people there had probably seen it so many times they could sing the songs. Taylor Hicks played the part of Teen Angel, he was pretty good, in a suit that looked like it was made of glitter.

It looks like it could be pretty busy, at work in the New Year. They are writing a grant, to fund a partnership project with the library and Community Action Agency, to provide computer classes, in low income neighbor hoods.
I have contacted the Department of Aging about holding computer classes at some of their nutrition centers. If this all happens I may have to clone myself.

I finished my Christmas shopping this week, and even have it all wrapped. Yay!! I finished the last of it Thursday night, and the store was a mad house. As I was going in an older man on the way out said "Are you sure you want to go in there?" I had to, I had to pick up a prescription. I figured while I was there I might as well get it done. Part of the crowd may have been because of the impending storm, that was predicted for Thursday night/Friday morning.

The storm came, I left early to get to work, it took me over an hour. I got there - before everyone else, because .... the library was closed. I drove home, trying to stay in the tracks of the snowplow, and not get stuck in the piles of snow crossing my line, ice kept building up on the windshield wipers. Sometimes visibility was pretty low. I made it all the way home and got stuck in the driveway (backed up and tried again about 4 times.) Then I found a message on the answering machine that must have been left when I went out to clean and start the car at 6:40AM. Charlie didn't answer it because he thought I was still in the house.

I am writing this Sunday morning, It is now snowing and blowing again.

Charlie is watching hunting or golf or football on television, a few minutes ago, a Blue Jay flew in the screened porch (someone left the door open) and took some Boston's dog food. Then couldn't figure out how to get back out.
Charlie tried to shoo him out with the broom but he flew up into the house rafters, too far back to reach with the broom. For all I know he is still there. I assume if we leave him alone he will find his way out eventually. I hope.

I am trying to figure out how some people make their everyday lives sound so much more interesting than mine.
For example: Front Porch Indiana, or Notes from the Trenches, or Confessions of a Pioneer woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.