Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Horses shows and what are they talking about.?

Wow, a busy week-end. A two day horse show, trying to do laundry, and grocery shop.
I just finished the laundry(9:00PM on Tuesday,) and have not done the weekly grocery shopping.
The Springport Football team, beat Concord 40-0 on Friday. Even some of the team members said the third quarter was boring. Springport played the second string and Concord still couldn’t score.
This weekend was the district horse show, the first place team advance to regionals. I think Springport was only 4 points short.
I have to say, after watching horses for out of 8 days, I don’t get it at least not the finer points. One of the girls competed in a “trail pattern,” she had to make the horse side step a pole, open a gate, step over some poles, check a mail box and back up between two poles. I didn’t see any mistakes, she came in third.
I sat in the bleachers with people talking about the horses changing leads, (which foot they lead with) I never did see it, Charlie says when they lead with one side, it reaches a little farther than the other side, I can’t see it.don't all lead with their front feet? It’s like watching skating on TV and me being able to see the difference between a sachow and a lutz or whatever they call it.
The speed events were fun to watch, even the coaches said the fitting and showing (the picture on the left) and the equitation (the picture on the right) are kind of boring.
Oh, well, the idea was for Anna, to participate and have some new experiences, and get to know some new people. We accomplished that. Here is a neat picture of one of the Springport girls jumping.

Upcoming events:
This week-end a baby Shower and YFU meeting. Next week all week. The Senior class is building the homecoming float at our house, homecoming parade and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.