Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This and That

ANKLE UPDATE: I thought about taking a picture of my foot, but I decided that wouldn't be too interesting, I went to the Doctor here on Thursday, the 14th, he said yes it is broken, and showed me where on the X-ray, but I couldn't see it. Told me to keep the air splint on and it is OK to put weight on it if I am comfortable. Come back in 2 weeks, they will take another X-Ray.

We had an Open house for Chris on Saturday. I meant to take pictures but only got one of him with some friends and that one isn't very good but here it is (on the left.) Not a real flattering picture of any of them. On the right is one that I took right after graduation a couple of weeks ago. They look much more capable, don't you think?

Charlie and a friend have some pheasants they are raising. They are now about 3 weeks old and are ready to move the bigger pen. They bought 75 and have lost only 11. I think they plan on releasing part of them at our place and part of them at Jeff's probably sometime in August.

I found a blog the other day: Three Beautiful Things, every day the blogger records three things that have given her pleasure. I got to thinking about that, and realized that I and probably many others don't take time to notice the small things that give them pleasure. I have made a promise to myself to try and notice more.

For Wednesday
June 20:
The first Day lilies in bloom.
Setting on my deck watching the first lightning bugs of the evening.
Driving
home on back country roads listening to a favorite song on the radio.

Today, Thursday, is our anniversary. 21 years. Geeze, where has the time gone. Love you Charlie.

When I came back from vacation last week Ishwar said something about taking a vacation in August and maybe going "up north." I told him several of us could share some great places to see. Please leave a comment and let me know what is your favorite place in Michigan?

2 comments:

  1. Favorite place in michigan....that is a hard one....I think I would have to go with either a morning in the woods anywhere in Michigan or a sunrise on the Pere Marquette river!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with art on thats a hard one.
    However I would have top say Muskegon State Park and of course anywhere in the UP

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Let me know what you think.