Friday, June 29, 2007

A Normal Week ?

Not much happening this week, on Tuesday we went out to dinner, then Chris went to a movie with his friends. He didn’t get in until 3:00 AM and had to get up at 5 to leave for the airport. There was no problems checking in, both suitcases met the weight restrictions. We got to spend some time chatting, about his year here. What he would do when he got home.

A lot of people asked him if he was excited to go home. I think he has mixed feelings, he wants to go back and see his family and friends but he will also miss he friends and family here. He wants to come back and go to school, perhaps get a football scholarship. Of course when he gets home that may change too, two more years of school, you never knows what might happen.

I went back to the doctor to have the ankle checked, it is coming along fine. I can take the air-cast off when I feel comfortable, at first in the house on flat surfaces. Go back in 3 weeks if I think I need to, but if it feels OK, I can cancel the appointment. He said that what I have is a cross between a break and a sprain (a spracture, a frain? ) When I twisted my ankle. the ligaments pulled on the bone, but did not tear instead they pulled the bone apart. It is probably better as breaks go, because it should heal faster and have no lasting effects.

Charlie started another wood carving, I don’t know what it is, I haven't asked, I think it is better to be surprised. Some of you may remember is first wood working project a few years ago was the huge walking stick with a bird on the top, which he gave away. Then he did a totem pole, that he sold and gave the profit to the FFA. I don't have a picture of the first walking stick but here is the beginning of the current project.


The pheasants have all been moved to the bigger more natural pen and seem to be doing well.


We acquired a new kitten a few days ago it just showed up on the porch one morning. The orange male puts up with it and is pretty protective but it gives the dog a wide birth. The kitten is about one mouthful for Boston.


I took some pictures of the foal today she is 2 months old today. She is changing colors, notice the dark color on her muzzle, around her eyes and the spots on her chest. This is normal for appaloosas They change color a couple of times a year. In the fall/winter when they get their winter coat and in the spring when they shed it. The dame is a dark bay and the sire is a black appaloosa with a white "blanket" over his hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.