Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Joys of Home Ownership.

Last week we have some frozen pipes that had to be replaced.   Yesterday Charlie posted on face book, about the day not starting well yesterday.  Like a lot of people in the Springport area, we lost power Saturday morning about 4:30, It came back on about 7:30, right after Charlie left for an all day state wide equestrian meeting.  Yeah power, water, heat.  Oops wait a minute the furnace didn't kick on.  Oh well, I was going to the District wrestling meet in Hudson to watch a young cousin, and the Springport team.  I left a message on Charlie's cell phone about the furnace. 

Even thought I am not a huge fan of wrestling,  I had a great time at the wrestling meet.  Seeing some old friends, and family members, that I don't get to see very often. Congratulations to Coty who took first place, and Springport's 6 wrestlers who will be going on to Reginals.  Also Congratulations to Jake who also took first place on Friday night at the Jr. High District meet.

I got home about 5:30, Charlie was home but had not checked is messages, and didn't notice it was cold inthe house.  It was 63 degrees, I think I have camped in cooler temps. 

The pilot light had gone out.  It would relight. after about an hour.  He called a friend who works in heating and cooling,  He brought a "thingy" and replaced the broken thingy.  Yeah heat.  !!!!

A few minutes later, we heard a strange kind of electrical pop we saw nothing amiss, no smoke so we went back to what we were doing.   A few minutes later, we realized the furnace was not kicking on  a GAin.
Charlie couldn't figure out what was wrong so we took one of our small space heaters in the bedroom, and decided to figure it out in the morning.

This morning found the problem,  thought he could fix it but found out it wasn't a simple wire replacement. The relay, was shot.   He is currently at the hardware store trying to buy a new one.  I am wearing my sweats and wrapped in a blanket trying to stay warm. 

At least it is not below zero like it was last week.  As my cousin says "just livin the dream"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Let me know what you think.